The age old question that keeps coming up again and again – should I charge for my healing services?
The simple fact of life is that although all of us would like to receive something (well actually everything) for free, you know as well as I do that very few people in the world can actually live this way.
Your time is as precious and valuable as anyone else’s so as a Reiki healer ask yourself these questions;
- Do you have to pay rent or a home loan, electricity, food, water, petrol etc?
- Did you pay to learn your craft and do you not pay to have further education and knowledge to keep it relevant and up to date?
- Do you pay to have an accountant help you with your tax, or a lawyer with your legal advice, a doctor for treatment, the chemist and pharmaceutical costs just to name a few?
- Is your healing not as valuable as any other therapists, counsellors, hypnotists, etc.?
The list is long and I could go on and on – but you get the picture.
Now I am not saying you need to rip people off either – and if you took up reiki healing as a money making venture then in all likelihood you will fail as there needs to be true spirituality in what you do and the unbalance will likely result in poor outcomes in any case.
Instead the questions to ask yourself are:
- Do I believe in what I am doing or offering?
- Am I helping the person I treat?
- If I am worried about money and my own problems will that limit the effectiveness of my sessions?
- Is my service truly offering good value?
- If I have to earn an income from alternative work won’t that mean I have less time I have available and can help less people?
- If I had more money would I be able to help even more people?
- By not charging money am I losing clients who feel guilty about this and not come back for further treatments even though they may be needed?
According to Reiki Rays . . .
“When healing work is done with a sense of service and gratitude, there is no need to feel that what we are doing is not important or should not be rewarded. We have all been given a talent and a calling to use it for the good of others. Allowing ourselves to be provided for through this type of work is showing gratitude for our talent and our ability to serve others. It ensures that we will continue to be able to serve into the future in health and well being”
Remember the world we live in is all about trade- and if you get to the base of the problem you will realise that people really do want to be helped, healed, counselled, taught – whatever it is you do and best of all they are happy to pay you for it.
Nobody really begrudges paying for a service at the end of the day because it is the world we live in! What people actually begrudge is paying for something that they don’t believe they are getting value for.
Another Post You Might Like
- 12 OF THE BIGGEST MISTAKES TO AVOID WHEN STARTING YOUR REIKI BUSINESS